About Dr. Simmons
Cris Simmons, DDS, FAGD, MICCMO, DABCP
Dr. Simmons has been providing innovative diagnosis and treatment for health conscious individuals with complex dental and TMJ-related issues for over 30 years. No one has the technology, the years of experience, or the knowledge to more effectively treat TMJ…experience matters.
Following graduation from the University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences in 1978, Dr. Simmons founded a general dental practice in Bristol, Tennessee. In 1990, Dr. Simmons relocated to Seattle to establish a dental practice devoted exclusively to providing care for patients suffering from craniofacial pain and temporomandibular disotders, commonly referred to as TMJ.
Dr. Simmons has completed more than 4,000 hours of accredited,advanced dental instruction. His course work has included studies of craniofacial pain, temporomandibular disorders, pain management, orthodontics and sleep dentistry. Some of the world’s leading authorities in these fields have been his mentors.
He currently maintains practices in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington for diagnosis and treatment of jaw dysfunction disorders. Dr. Simmons is excited to introduce Myobrace orthodontic treatment to leave a legacy of children who will grow up with beautiful smiles and healthy faces, significantly reducing their risk of breathing disorders, malocclusion and TMJ.
As a result of his dedication to continuing education, Dr. Simmons has received post graduate recognition in the following organizations:
- Diplomate American Board of Craniofacial Pain (DABCP)
- Diplomate American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine (ABCDSM)
- Mastership International Congress for Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics (MICCMO)
- Fellowship American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (FAACP)
- Fellowship International Congress for Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics (FICCMO)
- Fellowship Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- President International Congress for Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics 2007-2009
- Active Member International Association of Orthodontics
- Certified American Academy of Craniofacial Pain: Diagnosis and Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries Resulting from Motor Vehicle Accidents